Management Appraisal (selection of internal/external applicants)
Filling upper and top management positions necessitates an especially differentiated and comprehensive picture of a candidate’s competencies, motivations, attitudes, values and personality. The results of the MA provide the best possible basis for critical corporate decisions. The MA strategically verifies and consistently checks everything required of the candidate. Depending on the task and objective, the MEA is conducted by one or two experienced management diagnosticians in order to rule out observation errors. The MA offers the candidate the necessary discretion and opportunity to present himself/herself in an appropriate framework.
- Individual and comprehensive appraisal of top managers
- Duration: 4 – 8 hours
- Two experienced diagnosticians (double-verification principle)
Related terms include management audit, appraisal, analysis of potentials, determination of position.
(a few examples)
- Identification of competencies, motivation, personality and performance potentials, e.g. on account of strategic corporate realignment, restructuring, recruiting, successors
- As discrete support for supervisory boards and councils for top-level HR decisions
- Support during companies’ restructuring and strategic realignment with the evaluation of management teams
- Managing partner/Management changes involving questions as to the composition of current management for the future
- Mergers & Acquisitions, company ratings
Targets and the actual components of the target position are developed together with the client. The dimensions to be evaluated are explicitly defined in a competency model and jointly adopted.? Multimodal modules and methods are used in the MEA:
- Development of various diagnostic modules: case studies, presentations, dialog simulations as well as personality surveys and motivation profiles
- Methods for the analysis of the capacity for self-regulation in critical situations
- Detailed, structured and requirements-based interview
- Analysis of self-perception and others’ perceptions
- Development of online tools
- Integrated lunch together
We communicate closely with our clients and provide detailed reports. The written report of the results is comprehensive and leaves no questions unanswered. We make clear and substantiated recommendations and describe the further areas of action for development in real terms. The candidates receive detailed, separate feedback on strengths and areas of development on all the competencies evaluated as well as our recommendations.